Friday, December 14, 2012

Who's Ready for Christmas Break?

I'm having one of those days where forming a complete thought is a herculean effort, let alone forming sentences that make sense to 5th graders. It's one of those days where I sit at my desk, stuffing Hershey's kisses in my mouth as I pray for Christmas break to get here already.

Actual conversations that could be overheard in my classroom:
Student: I'm so tired...can I just sit here? (from under table)
Me: Well, if you're going to sit under the table, at least read a book.

Students: Can we play the next game now?
Me (not wanting to explain the rules of the next game): Wouldn't you rather have a rematch of the game you just played?
Students: ...

Me: OK, who's got the answer to #1?
Students: ... (sounds of silence)
Me (tapping invisible microphone): Hello? Is this thing on?

Teacher of the Year material over here, guys.

Just remember...


Have a happy weekend! I am so excited to be in one of my best friend's wedding tomorrow!!

xoxo,

E

No comments:

Post a Comment