Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Resolve and Cheesecake

First, it's my dad's birthday today! Happy birthday, daddy! I love you so much!


Remember that time I stopped blogging for three months and totally missed the chance to be all sappy-sappy about the new year? Well guess what kiddos, it's my blog, and I can pretend it's the New Year again if I want.

When I dusted off the old blog dashboard, I discovered a half-written post about resolutions. It was half-written because my resolutions were half-made, and I was only half-committed to them. It's unfair that the new year comes at such a gloomy, cold, rainy, blah time of year. So, since this is my small corner of the world, I'm declaring March 13 New Year's Day re-do! The weather is getting a little spring-ier, and I'm feeling a little more willing to change out of my sweatpants, break my death-grip on my bowl of mac and cheese, and leave off on my Netflix Instant Queue for a minute.

So here we go...this year, I will:
  • Play fetch with my adorable puppy more often because I love him more than I love most people I know.
  • Go to the gym more often because it makes me feel better about myself and more confident. Also, Michelle Obama says that I should move at least 30 minutes a day, and not to get political, but have you seen her arms?
  • Drink more water because it makes me feel glow-y. I will NOT give up caffeine because I shouldn't have to do that. So there. Also, sometimes the soda water in my vodka drink counts as water. Actually always.
  • Go out with friends on Friday nights more often (even when I'm tired) because I always end up regretting staying in around 10pm and get all mopey.
  • Cook actual meals (not Kraft macaroni and cheese) for just myself because I deserve actual food and actually like to cook (don't tell my boyfriend).

Gosh, that was a lot of words! If you made it this far without changing the channel to Pinterest, then you deserve a treat!


I made these cheesecake-stuffed strawberries on Valentine's Day, and they were delicious! The recipe is here. You should make them because they're healthy...they have fruit! Make them and be happy!


xoxo,

E

No comments:

Post a Comment