Friday, November 2, 2012

Who Wants to Go Apple Picking?

Happy Friday!

I know this week's posts have been pretty food-dominated, but when the weather turns cold, my mind turns to what my mom calls "yummy tummy" foods. The kind that warm you from the inside out and make you forget about how chilly it is outside...until you have to take the dog out again.

Unfortunately, not all of us get to lay around all day in our snuggies...

I have been craving an apple-picking outing, so I'm hoping I can convince someone to go with me tomorrow (are you listening, BF?) so I can bring home WAY too many apples for one person to ever eat. (Fingers crossed for honeycrisps)

Here's a round-up of some apple recipes I promise to make you if you go pick apples with me (and, yes, most of them involve a crust):


  • We've all loved on some blueberry pancakes, but apple pancakes? Something tells me they could give the blueberries a run for their money.
  • What's that you say? You're in too much of a hurry to sit down for apple pancakes? That's OK, just grab an apple hand pie for the road.
  • I know we had apples for breakfast, but I just had to bake you some caramel apple pie for dessert.
  • Some of us aren't pie people (I say "aren't pie people" in the same way I might say some "aren't puppy people"), so why not try some caramel apple cheesecake bars
I hope you have a happy weekend!

xoxo,

E



No comments:

Post a Comment