Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Mini Apple Pies

As I'm sure you'll agree, everything is better in mini form. My family likes to joke that I have a mini-life. I drive a Volkswagen Bug, have a four-pound dog, live in a small, one-room apartment...you get it. I just think mini things are so much more fun!

I tip-toed into the mini dessert world with this lovely, and since it turned out so well, I figured I'd give it another go at Thanksgiving with mini apple pies!

So good it didn't make it all the way to the iPhoto shoot.

This treat is another courtesy-of-Pinterest find. I basically followed the recipe, but had to make a few adjustments based on what was in my mom's kitchen. To me, she's the queen of looking at a recipe, realizing we have almost none of the ingredients in the house, and still claiming that we can make the cookies/muffins/coq au vin. Ok, maybe not the last one. She's always right though; they were delicious. So definitely look at the recipe, but then feel free to grab whatever you can find around the kitchen and throw it in a pie crust.

Mini pies get a small cube of cold butter before baking because...why not?

Apples are fruit, and you can eat fruit for breakfast...so...

Happy Wednesday!

xoxo,

E

No comments:

Post a Comment