Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Greek Craving

I went to a Greek festival a few weeks ago with friends and have had Greek food on the mind ever since. While I had my doubts that adding Greek seasoning to fries makes them "Greek fries" (an item on the menu at Greek fest that I giggled at for a minute or two), I love the unique flavors of Greek/Mediterranean foods. They can also be light enough in flavor to be perfect for a summer meal, especially if you do them tapas-style and share with friends!

 
There is, however, nothing light about (or more delicious than) a doner kebab. I may or may not has existed almost exclusively on these bad boys while studying abroad in Germany. Related: street meat leads to satisfied taste buds and tighter pants.
 
After going out for wine and Mediterranean food with friends last week and eating the most delicious braised lamb shanks on pita, I knew I had to find some ideas to recreate these tasty bites in my own kitchen.

Here are a few recipes that I've pulled together that would definitely satisfy my Greek craving. I'll make sure to update y'all on the ones I actually make!


Clockwise, from top left: Greek Burgers, Braised Lamb Shanks and Melted Onions (I can't even handle how good this looks!), Baked Lamb Meatball Gyros, Quick & Easy Tzatziki Sauce

OK, so now my mouth is watering. Which one looks best to you? I'm thinking the baked lamb gyros are going to need to happen immediately. Have a happy Tuesday!

xoxo,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment