Monday, February 24, 2014

Remember that time I had a blog?

Yeah, me either. Here I am, almost a year after my last post, blowing the dust off A Few Little Happies, and ready to hop back into the bloggy universe! Well, sort of.

For a while I felt like I lost touch with why I carved out this little corner of the Internet for myself. Surely it wasn't just to make lists of things I want, right? Well, maybe sometimes, but definitely not all the time, which is what I felt it was turning into.


Love this!

I originally wanted to create this blog to have a space that I could explore and that could make me smile. After all, there are a lot of things in life that seem to only be put there to make you not smile (I'm looking at you, Tuesday Faculty Meetings).

quit slackin... | etsy print
source

The other reason I want to recommit to this blog is because of my dad. (Hey dad!) He is constantly telling me that I need to be writing, and while I have my doubts as to whether I really have much to say, he's told me that writers keep track of their thoughts...in writing. Since this is 2014 and we're living in the future (wait...where's my flying car?!) and all, journals make more sense in blog-form. One of my February resolutions (it's a thing) is to pursue things that make me happy just for their own sake, so this is the place where I'll catalog them!

So there ya go...I'm back baby! I'll be redirecting my efforts to make this a space for things that make me happy...and that I think will make you happy, too.

Number one through ten on the list of things that make me happy are my precious nugget, Gatsby, so I'll leave you with a picture of him looking spring break ready in his Hawaiian shirt!

I mean really...if cute was a crime, this would be a felony.

xoxo,

E



No comments:

Post a Comment