Thursday, April 17, 2014

My Current Favorite Dinner

I'm a pro at cooking something, devouring it happily, and then thinking, "Mmm mmm, that meal was delicious. I should blog about it." The problem is, I've just devoured it, so I would only be able to describe it to you with words since the only thing left of my tasty meal is dirty dishes.

Dirty dishes don't make great pictures. Someone should put that on a pillow.


Hello, Gorgeous.

Poor, poor me. I had to make my favorite dinner again to show you.


I could barely take a picture before chowing down. Just kidding, I ate half the brussels before the iPhone came out.

I recently blogged about the awesomeness of roasted brussels sprouts. You could pretty much pick any roasted brussels sprouts recipe you want; it would most likely be amazing.


Oh hey, legs. And I just noticed that my apartment's kitchen counter matches my kitchen floor. Weird.

 

Here's how I did it this week:

Salmon and Brussels Sprout Bowl

Roasted Brussels Sprouts


1. Preheat oven to 425.

2. Cut, wash, and dry about two cups of brussels sprouts.
3. Toss sprouts in olive oil, apple cider vinegar, cajun seasoning, and minced garlic (if some garlic is good, more garlic is better...that should also be on a pillow)
4.) Dump sprouts into a sprayed pan and roast for about 20 minutes, mixing up about halfway through. (I line my pan with foil so I don't have to wash it! Cutting corners is awesome!)

Roasted Salmon

1. Your oven is already preheated to 425 and has the sprouts in it. Smile to yourself because you can skip right to...
2. Wash and pat dry salmon (I use a 5-6 oz. piece). Place salmon on sprayed pan (Use foil! Down with washing dishes!) 
3. Season salmon with cajun seasoning, minced garlic, and rosemary. Drizzle olive oil and rub it in...lightly...don't get weird about it.
4. Roast for 10-12 minutes, until it's as done as you want it.

I like to mix my salmon and sprouts in one bowl (usually the one I used to toss the sprouts with oil and vinegar) and have a sprouts and salmon party! 


Happy munching!


xoxo,

E

No comments:

Post a Comment