Thursday, November 15, 2012

Quinoa Salad

There are some things that make you feel healthier just by putting them in your grocery basket. I think quinoa is one of these foods. Until this week, I had never tried quinoa. I figured something that healthy couldn't possibly taste good.

But recently, I've been trying to forget that pizza I ate this past weekend eat more cleanly and since I don't really like cooking meat for just me, I figured I'd better give some meat-free options a try. I'd heard quinoa was a complete protein, so I thought I'd give it a shot.

I'm so glad I did, because this salad is really tasty! I kind of made it up as I went along and didn't really measure, but my basic recipe is below.

Quinoa Salad
1 cup uncooked quinoa
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1/2 can of chick peas
1/2 block of feta (cut into small pieces)
a few tablespoons chopped mint
1 lemon, juiced
about 2 tablespoons olive oil
ground pepper, to taste

Mix the quinoa in the boiling chicken broth, cover, and simmer for 12 minutes. Fluff with a fork and transfer to bowl. Add in all other ingredients and mix thoroughly.


So easy and so tasty! I feel healthier just looking at it!

xoxo,

E

No comments:

Post a Comment