Wednesday, November 14, 2012

What I Wore: Casual Engagement Party

Why can't party invitations include what the host or hostess plans on wearing? I feel like that would make life so much easier than trying to decode what "festive casual" means. This past weekend, the bf and I went to his cousin's engagement party. On the invitation, the only clue about attire was at the bottom: "Cowboy boots welcome!" Um, what?

I gathered that meant casual and then found out the party would be almost entirely outside, so this is what I came up with:

I've been wanting some burgundy in my closet for this fall, and these are so comfortable and perfect!

Who doesn't need another white t-shirt?


This isn't the one I wore; mine definitely isn't cashmere, but it looks like this.

I love the caramel color of these boots. It worked well with the burgundy jeggings.

I love imagining the perfect outfit to wear to different occasions, but this one is one of the few that actually came pretty close to what I was envisioning when I pictured what to wear to this party. I was comfortable and warm the whole time, while still being on trend! Plus, the party was lots of fun :) Here's to deciphering all the upcoming holiday party invitations and their attire!

xoxo,

E

No comments:

Post a Comment