Thursday, November 1, 2012

Baked Oatmeal

Lately, I've been making more of an effort to eat more cleanly instead of focusing on counting calories so much. I find that after a couple of weeks counting calories, I get annoyed with it and stop, which usually puts me back to square one. Eating cleanly, however, allows me to feel like I'm not on a 'diet' and can eat more like a normal person. I've never been the type of girl to deny myself as far as food goes, so I am less likely to "rebel" if I feel like I'm eating something I would want anyway.



This baked oatmeal is SO. GOOD. I'm not usually an oatmeal fan, something about the mushiness, I think. But this is really great heated on a chilly morning with a tiny pat of butter and  some milk poured over it. I can make it on a Sunday afternoon and eat it for breakfast for the rest of the week. Drive-thru breakfast is a lot less tempting when I have this sitting in the fridge for me!

Fresh berries! Yes, they are at a premium at this time of the year, but they are totally worth it.

Bananas line the bottom and soak up the syrup-y, cinnamon-y goodness.

Ingredients pre-oven, pre-bubbliness, pre-crusty-yummy-happiness!

Look at those berries and oats! You can't smell it, but there's cinnamon, pecans, and vanilla extract in there, too. Dee-lish.

Here's to tasty, healthy breakfasts!

xoxo,

E

No comments:

Post a Comment