Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Homemade Cajun Seasoning

I think everyone has that sauce or seasoning that goes on Absolutely Everything. It goes on eggs, chicken, vegetables...hell, it'd probably be good on ice cream. I know for a lot of people that sauce is probably ketchup. Not me.

For me, that thing is cajun seasoning. It's got garlic, cayenne, salt...what's not to like?!

Is it inappropriate to eat it with a spoon? Yes? Nevermind.

I used to buy a certain green container at the grocery store to get my cajun seasoning fix, but now that I know how easy it is to make my own, I don't think I'll return to that green guy anytime soon. I used this recipe, and it now lives at the very front of my spice cabinet.

In its rightful place of honor.

The biggest upside to making your own seasonings is you get to control how much of each ingredient goes into the mix. Mine has a little more garlic powder and cayenne than many would consider necessary. It's my theory that you could rub garlic on pretty much anything, throw it in the oven, and just about everybody will think you're a good cook.

What's your go-to spice/sauce? Have a spicy hump day!

xoxo,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment