Monday, April 14, 2014

What Is Your Perfect Weekend?

I hope you had an amazing weekend! I had a pretty quiet one, and it got me thinking, if you could craft your perfect weekend, what would it be like?

Over time, as I've learned more about myself, I've realized I need more alone time than a lot of people I know to recharge my batteries. I live by myself (well, with Gatsby), which I really like, so my perfect weekend would definitely include some me time.

 
Just Gatsby, me, and this dreamy reading nook? I'm in.

My perfect Friday afternoon would start with a workout. I've been obsessed with Pure Barre over the last couple months, so that would probably be my first choice. Then, I would meet friends for a low-key happy hour. I'd finish up my raging Friday night with a movie on the couch with my nugget and maybe a few glasses of wine.

My perfect Saturday would start off with either going to a farmer's market or walking the Swamp Rabbit Trail, after sleeping in and enjoying a few cups of coffee, of course. I love grocery shopping (I love pretty much every step of the cooking process) on the weekends because it allows me to wander around a good grocery store or market instead of rushing in and out of my local Publix.

Wandering markets is so much more civilized that wandering up and down you're average grocery, yes?
 
The day would end with going out for dinner and drinks with friends. I can't do the closing-down-the-bar thing so much anymore! It makes me feel like an old lady!

 
My all-time favorite cocktail: the Moscow Mule.

The perfect Sunday would obviously start off with brunch. There is no more perfect meal than Sunday brunch. After, I would do some cooking for the week while listening to music...dancing and cooking go fabulously together! If I could fit in some shopping on either Saturday or Sunday, that would be a bonus...in my perfect weekend, I have a lot more money than I do now :).

How would your perfect weekend go? I always feel most energized on Monday if I've had a good balance of social time and homebody time. I hope yours was as close to your perfect weekend as possible!

xoxo,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment