Friday, April 25, 2014

Spring Cleaning + What's on Your Fridge?

The weather has been perking up, the days have been getting a little longer, and summer vacation is getting closer and closer. Is it any surprise that spring cleaning is not exactly on the top of my list of things I actually want to do?

Something about things turning green again makes me look at my spaces with new eyes. Like, what would a visitor think of me if they walked into my apartment? Yikes. That's a wake up call. 

Coming out of winter hibernation can be harsh when you open your eyes to the layers of stuff that have accumulated on just about every surface. Is that just me? It's like every surface is just another shelf for me to put more things, and the floor is the biggest shelf of all.

Photo 28 of 91

My way of tackling this spring cleaning mental block is making my own "30 Days to Clean" list. These are all over Pinterest, but I created a customized one that fit my needs. It's front and center on my fridge now:

Yes, if you're counting, there are seven days worth of cleaning carpets. My nugget, while adorable, is questionably housetrained. Also, the cheery title might make me want to organize my spice cabinet? Probably not.

I've been following it for exactly two days. Hey, it's a start!

My cleaning list is currently on my fridge, but I love the other things that are there, too! Are you a picture poster or a clean fridge door kind of person?


 Coca-Cola bottle opener + sweet, precious nugget, natch. Maybe I'll look at this picture while I'm cleaning my carpets to remind myself that I actually do like my dog.

 Family, friends and fishbowl margaritas...what else is there?

My grandmother's (great-grandmother's, maybe?) ravioli recipe. One day, when I get my hands on a pasta roller, this scratch-made ravioli will be mine. #threegenerationsofpasta

Do you have crafty ways to trick yourself into cleaning? And what's on your fridge?

xoxo,

No comments:

Post a Comment