Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Brownie Bottom Cupcakes + White Chocolate Icing

Yesterday, I told you about the fun spiral sugar cookies I made for my school's bake sale. These cupcakes were my other contribution to the bake sale effort. They were a huge hit! It may have had something to do the fact that they were covered in pretty sprinkles.

Little known fact: Sprinkles have hypnotic qualities.

Brownie on the bottom, funfetti cake on top, all covered with a homemade white chocolate icing. What's not to like?! This brownie bottom cupcake recipe has so many possibilities. You could pretty much use any cake mix on top...customize is cool!

Another little known fact: The more times you tell yourself NOT to eat the icing, the more spatulas you have to wash because you just ate the icing.
 
Just the cupcake is amazing, but why not top it off with something equally memorable? This white chocolate icing was easy to make and was one of those flavors that just kept getting better (I switched white chocolate chips for regular ones). I'm not usually a white chocolate fan, but the flavor of this icing was amazing. Creamy, buttery, sweet, but not sickly sweet. Everything I'm looking for in an icing. I dunked the freshly iced cupcakes in a bowl of sprinkles to make sure they were completely covered.

I'm out of little known facts. The sprinkles have me in their grasp.


xoxo,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment