Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Happy Mother's Day...Week!

It's been a week since I last posted, but, guys, I promise I have a good reason. Last Thursday, I traveled to New Orleans for the International Reading Conference. I felt so lucky because my amazing mama was able to meet me there! We kicked off Mother's Day weekend early with a couple of pre-dinner sips at Sazerac in the Roosevelt Hotel.

Seriously, how cute is she?! Also, we made it our mission to try all the Pimm's cups in New Orleans. How are you supposed to find the best if you don't try them all?!

Just in case you needed proof that she's the best mom ever: She had a Captain and coke and a bag of beignets waiting for me each day when I came back from my conference sessions. Like, what?!


Waiting in line at Cafe du Monde for beignets. Turns out there is truly no such thing as too much powdered sugar. Pro tip: don't wear black pants while eating beignets.
 
I'm being completely honest when I say that I could have nothing good ever happen to me again, and I'd still be the luckiest person ever to have such an incredible mom (and not just because she can make a great drink). I almost (and sometimes do) cry every time I have to leave her because I feel so loved when I'm with her. No other person I have ever met has ever made me feel as loved she does. She's the best friend I'll ever have, and I truly hope that one day I can be as selfless, kind, and beautiful, inside and out, as she is.

Post-beignet photo sesh in Jackson Square.

I know that Mother's Day was a few days ago, but I don't think my mom would mind being celebrated a few days late. We definitely celebrated together all weekend long! Who could get mad at a Mother's Week, instead of just a day?!

I love you, mom. Every day should be your day.

xoxo,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment