Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Strawberry Season

In case you haven't heard, strawberry season is in full swing! It's funny; as soon as spring starts...springing, I develop this sense of urgency with my cooking, knowing that I only have a certain amount of time with the local (when possible), in-season produce that I love so much. Any Saturday that I miss the downtown farmer's market between May and October feels like a lost opportunity. 

Strawberries for days
 

I picked up some lovely strawberries at the market this past weekend, and while I love tossing them in a bowl and munching on them solo, my goal of making at least one new recipe every week demands that I branch out.

 What to do with the beauties? Other than just pop them in my mouth by the handful...?


Here are some recipes I gather from my two favorite food blogs, Joy the Baker and Smitten Kitchen:

Spinach and Strawberry Chopped Salad (I'm not usually a fruity salad type of gal, but this combo looks delicious!)

Roasted Strawberry and Toasted Coconut Popsicles (I've actually made these before, so they don't count as a new recipe for me, but, I can tell you they are tasty!)

Ugly strawberries need love, too.
 

Strawberry Cream Scones (These just cry out for an iced cafe au lait.)

Strawberry Tart (Think: strawberries + pastry cream...no brainer.)

Mixed Berry Pavlova (The strawberries in this are just cut and used as topping, but it looked so light and fresh and everything I want in a dessert right now, that I had to include it.)

Strawberry Massacre

Are you taking advantage of strawberry season? Hooray for spring and all the tasty bites it brings!

All done.

xoxo,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment