Monday, July 30, 2012

Movin' On Out

I hope everyone had a happy weekend! I'm in the middle of a move and am without a place to live for the two-ish weeks, so I'm going back to my parents' house in Florida on Wednesday to ride out my homelessness in style.

This is my fourth move since I graduated from Clemson in 2009 (fifth if you include my three month stint in a pool house in Nashville), and I have to say, this one hasn't been easy. You'd think moving less than 5 miles away would be a piece of cake, right?

Here are a few pictures from the weekend (I'll spare you pictures of sweaty and icky me; you're welcome.):

Packing peanuts are not only a helpful tool for cushioning plates during a move...they are also a tasty dog snack, apparently. I caught Gatsby snacking on these on more than one occasion. Good thing they're made from cornstarch?

When you're not that interested in buying lots of boxes, you rely on what you have around the house...like wine cases...

After a while, I got bored with labeling boxes the boring way ("Bedroom--Dresses") and started thinking outside the...um...box.

In other news, being adorable is exhausting.

I like to think of myself as a sort-of expert on moving at this point since I've done it so many times. Even so, moving definitely ranks up there as one of the more annoying experiences one can have. Do you have any little-known moving tips to make the process smoother?

Have a happy week!

xoxo,

E

No comments:

Post a Comment