Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Teacher Fashion

And no, that's not an oxymoron! Or at least it doesn't have to be. I'm about to enter my fourth year as a teacher, and I can definitely say that of all the things I've gotten better at as a teacher during that time, a very important one would be choosing appropriate footwear. During my second year, I had a co-worker that wore heels (and I'm talking heels) almost everyday and smiled all the time. All I can guess is that she was an alien and was not to be trusted. As for me, I don't want to go into detail about the day I decided to wear heels to school and the out-of-control blisters that resulted. It's too gross. Just learn from my mistakes; wear flats if you want to be happy.

But just because most teachers choose to wear flats doesn't mean that most teachers need to end up looking like they have orthopedic problems. Here are some fun choices that are just as arch-supporting as they are cute.

Toms are my go-to shoe. They are seriously the only shoe I've ever worn that I can wear all day without my feet even being a little sore. And how awesome is this pattern?!

Antonio Melani flats are AMAZING. They have a memory foam in them that makes it feel like you are walking on happy clouds. Plus, I love this classic caramel color.

Another fabulous option from Antonio Melani. Classic shape, classic colors, but with a fun pattern-y twist. Love!


Some days you just need a little bling. These BP flats are way fun, from their shiny, snakeish pattern to the rock star jewel-encrusted toe.


This is my kind of back to school shopping!

xoxo,

E

No comments:

Post a Comment