Tuesday, October 16, 2012

What to Wear Where: Date Night

Happy Tuesday! Today's What to Wear Where theme is Date Night! Yeep! Who doesn't love date night? After moving to the same city as the BF (Greenville) last year, date night has taken on a more casual tone. We usually eat out on the weekends, sometimes with friends, sometimes without. But to call a night a "date night", I feel like you need a special outfit.

For a Date Night (yes, with capitals), I'd like to dress up like a grown-up for a change and go somewhere that has a red wine that isn't my regular 3-buck-chuck (no offense, Trader Joe's! I heart you!).


I love this perfectly proportioned black dress. The longer sleeves make room for the shorter skirt; the simple crew neck allows for the slightly sassy (it's hard to say that word without jazz hands...) exposed zipper down the back.

Mixed metallics, large scale, sequins, oh my!
PS- I think this would be just as awesome with a white t-shirt...


A simple black and gold cuff talks to the necklace, but doesn't interrupt it.

I confessed my Pour La Victoire love here. Patent Leather + Platform = 'Nuf Said.

This outfit would be for a fancy-schmancy date. You know, one involving table cloths, extensive wine lists, and (fingers crossed) creme brulee to close the meal. What is your dream date outfit?
 


 
 
xoxo,

E

3 comments:

  1. gorgeous. that necklace will make the outfit pop just splendidly! awesome date outfit!

    xox P

    phiphi's blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual, I love what you've picked. That necklace is such a winner, and like Phi Phi said, totally makes the outfit. Well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that statement necklace! Such a fab find! Great look overall.

    ReplyDelete