Thursday, September 27, 2012

Birchbox Loves

Hello happies! I hope you're having a fabulous week! Just remember, Thursday is practically Friday, which means it's basically the weekend!

I got my September Birchbox a few weeks ago, and, among other lovelies, it contained these:


At first, I was not that excited about the color of the nail polish. It's called "Tweet Me", but another appropriate name would be "Tennis Ball Green". Given my choice of nail polish colors, it would not have been my first. But, then, it sat and stared at me from my bathroom counter long enough to make me rethink it's neon-yellowy-green-ness. After looking at all the awesome colors that seem to be dominating the scene this season (hunter green, burgundy, plum, etc.), I realized that this neon-y tennis ball color would actually make for an unexpectedly fabulous accent color. This color is now on my toes (don't worry, there are no foot pictures in your future...at least not from this blog), and it makes me very happy. Next time I get a manicure, I'm thinking maybe a charcoal grey or navy blue with this color as the french tip color...how fashion forward of me, right?

As for the nail polish remover pad, my first thoughts were, "what can a fancy schmancy nail polish remover pad do that my Walgreens acetone-based remover can't?" After I used it, my thoughts were more like, "how soon can I get more of these lovely, orange-scented nail polish remover pads??" And then I thought, "excuse me, 'fresh tuscan orange scent', not 'orange scent'." How do the LA Fresh people know that Tuscan oranges are so much more appealing than regular oranges? Maybe it's their Italian accent...anywho, buy these...they're cool.

xoxo,

E

No comments:

Post a Comment