Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Shake Off the Black Pants Blahs

During the week, I tend to fall into a rut of black or grey pants for school. As a 5th grade teacher, I usually move around a lot during class and sometimes have to squat down to get on a kid's level, so this uniform of sorts fits the bill nicely. However, sometimes you just get the black pants blahs and need a little refresher. Teaching is a weird job for clothing, though. I want to be able to move around and have to stand most of the day, so comfort is key; but, then again, I often interact with parents, administrators, and (most days) have enough self-respect to want to make myself somewhat presentable. Outfits have to walk this line or else I run the risk of looking inappropriate at some point in the day.

Skirts and dresses are perfect for shaking off the black pants blahs, but hemline is important! A 5th grade classroom is no place for a mini skirt and a tight-fitting sheath does not allow for the kind of movement that 10 year olds often require. Anthropologie and JCrew to the rescue!!






Nothing gets me through a hump day quite like a little fashion eye candy. Happy Wednesday!

xoxo,

E

No comments:

Post a Comment