Monday, September 3, 2012

Tailgate Favorites

College football started this past weekend (with an awesome Clemson win!), which means that tailgating started this past weekend! In college, I definitely developed my love of tailgating long before I developed my love of football. Hey, that's where the party is! When football season starts, I love planning out tailgating food and drinks...tasty things make sitting in the South Carolina heat a little easier on a Saturday afternoon.

Here are some of my favorite recipes for tailgates...washed down with a cold mimosa, of course--you gotta have that vitamin C!


I made these s'more brownies last football season, and they were a HUGE hit. I used Ghiradelli brownie mix for added richness...like they need it.

I love pimento cheese! It's a little embarrassing how much I am capable of eating in one sitting. This recipe takes it to the next level by adding bacon crumbles and using chipotle peppers instead of pimentos.


 via
I made about 40 of these for every home game last year, and, almost always, they disappeared by the end of the day. Let's be honest, it's pretty hard to go wrong when your recipe calls for sausage, cheddar cheese, and Bisquick. So easy and so addicting.

This year, I'll definitely be standing by these tried and true recipes, but I'm also thinking of throwing in these, these, or maybe even a few of these babies with a little vodka thrown in. What are your favorite tailgating recipes??

Go (Clemson) Tigers,

E



No comments:

Post a Comment