Tuesday, September 18, 2012

What to Wear Where: Fall Transition

Yay for another installment of What to Wear Where, hosted by I Pick Pretty! This week's theme is Fall Transition. Around these parts (South Carolina), "fall transition" is tracked (at least by me) by the gradual decrease in bugs and humidity, as opposed to the changing of leaves. We've had some cooler days that hint at what's to come, but then Mother Nature smacks us right in the face the next day with 90 degrees and humid, just to remind us where we are. What's a (wannabe) fashionable girl to do?

Here's what I threw together:

 
 
 
 
 
One of my favorite things about fall and winter is the variety of textures and richness of colors they welcome. During summer, it seems like the lighter the fabric, the better. But in fall and winter, you can layer interesting textures and rich colors that, even if they're bargain finds, look rich when put together. Fall may not start until this weekend, but I'm ready for it with this outfit!
 
 
 
xoxo,
 
E
 

 

5 comments:

  1. Love that green dress! I'm from SC too! :)

    Katherine

    http://mintedglam.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That green dress is to die for and truly transitional! Great find. Nice to have met you from the link up!

    Lilly
    pancakesandbeetjuice.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous dress! Visiting from I Pick Pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these picks! You have great taste. :) xx.
    Megan

    www.forallthingslovelymr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I wouldn't have thought to use green, but I really like what you've done there; you raise a great point about fall giving us the opportunity to work with interesting textures, too. Thanks for linking up again!

    ReplyDelete