Tuesday, September 25, 2012

What to Where Wear: Tailgate Edition

What's that you say? You weren't aware that "tailgate fashion" was a thing? I'm here to tell you that here in the SC, we take out tailgate outfits pretty seriously. No throwing on an orange t-shirt and jeans and calling it a day. No siree.

While I have grown to love the color combo in a "so ugly it's cute" sort of way, Clemson's colors (orange and purple) do not immediately give themselves to fashionable choices. It does get a little easier around fall, though, when pumpkin and plum get a little more trendy. Still, I usually tend towards the less-is-more philosophy when it comes to orange and purple. As long as there is something purple or orange in my outfit, I consider myself spirited.

As I have for the past few weeks, I've chosen dream outfits, as in, buying-those-boots-would-be-awesome-but-so-is-being-able-to-pay-my-rent outfits. I'm all for keeping it real, but I just have more fun picking dream outfits than shopping in my own closet. Sorry I'm not sorry.

Here are my thoughts for this week...













And of course, no Clemson tailgate outfit would be complete without my beloved class ring...

So now that I'm looking at how versatile all these pieces are, I'm starting to justify their purchase in my mind...this is how it starts...maybe next paycheck...

Thanks for hosting, I Pick Pretty!


whattowearwherebutton.jpg


Happy Tuesday!

xoxo,

E

3 comments:

  1. I love those tights! I'm looking forward to tight-appropriate weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for playing again this week! I'm loving hearing what everyone comes up with as far as tailgate culture; I'd love to see a game sometime in a properly Southern state like SC, which I hear has even more of a tailgate culture than here.

    Those Frye boots are just perfect; that's more my speed than the local cowboy boot but would fulfill the same "toughen up a dress" job requirement.

    ReplyDelete