Tuesday, September 4, 2012

What to Wear Where: Family Photo Sesh

Happy Tuesday! I Pick Pretty is having a What to Wear Where party again this week...this time, the theme is Family Photo Session. Now, I don't see a family photo sesh in my future any time soon, but I still feel like I can contribute to hopefully ensure no poor family ends up like this...


Just say no to joutfits...

After reading a really helpful family photo session tip article here, here's what I came up with...

This dress is ah-mazing. Since fall is coming, I like a little heavier looking fabric that matches the season. Also, one of the main things the article I linked above says is to pick one multicolored pattern for one person and to build mostly solid outfits around it using the colors in the pattern. There are beautiful navy blues, pinks, golds, even a kelly green that would be really great to pull from for the rest of the family's outfits.


This cardigan toughens up the sweet dress a little with it's patched shoulders and zipper (though I wish the zipper was gold...). It also could be zipped all the way up to make the dress look like a skirt to change things up for a few pictures. Add a cardigan, get an extra outfit!


These wedges give you height, but don't force you to tiptoe around if you're taking pictures on grass. For some reason, I picture a mom wearing this outfit while getting photographed pushing a child on a swing set, so these shoes would be perfect for a playground shoot...no aerating the grass with stiletto heels!


These gold hoops finish off the outfit in a classic way. That dress is way too fabulous to need too much more zhushing, so they won't compete too much. I found these hoops on opensky.com, but I'm not a member, so I couldn't access the price. 

So there you go! Like I said, since it's just me and Gatsby right now, I don't see any family photo sessions in my future right now, but I hope this may inspire one of your future photo shoots!

whattowearwherebutton.jpg

xoxo,

E

4 comments:

  1. Love that vintage dress, of course, and those hoops are just the the thing to complement it! Well done you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adding "find fabulous vintage dress" to my to do list. Maybe by next year's pictures. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those wedges are on my list. Swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous vintage find!! And I really *need* those heels!!

    ReplyDelete