Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Back to School Night Outfit

I Pick Pretty is having a What to Wear link-up party today with a "Back to School" theme. As a teacher, I have seen some awesome and some truly unfortunate back to school outfits. Since my own back to school night is fast approaching, I thought it'd be fun to participate and come up with what I would love to wear as a teacher...


Sorry for the not-so-awesome Polyvore template; I'm a Polyvore newbie, so I'm still discovering how to make all those way cool templates. Anyways, for a back to school outfit, I don't think it's really a time to make a fashion statement, but you shouldn't be afraid to inject a little personality into what you wear. Because of this, I chose to keep things pretty simple and classic. I think the coral skirt is the main statement piece, but the cables on the cardigan, chain on the flats, and engravings on the bangle also keep classic pieces from being boring.

These pieces are just understated enough to not detract from what you need to say to the parents--you want them to hear you, not stare at your outfit all night! I think these are also all pieces that could be mixed and matched with other things to make lots of other outfits.

Happy back-to-school everyone! I know I'm excited to meet all my incoming scholars :)

(note on the skirt: After seeing it on a model, I think the skirt is a little short for back to school night, so I maybe wouldn't choose this exact one, but you get the idea)


xoxo,

E

5 comments:

  1. this is super cute!! i don't even know how to work polyvore boards!! :) xox P

    phiphisblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute!! Visiting via the WTWW link up! Love the idea of keeping it simple but injecting bits of personality too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color of the skirt and the chain on the flats is a nice touch. Thanks for linking up with me & Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just lovely, and it's great hearing about this from a teacher's perspective - thanks for playing along! I covet those flats in particular - they show personality without being too much for this sort of event.

    ReplyDelete