Thursday, August 23, 2012

Pinterest Confusion

Let me first say that about 99.9% of the time, I LOVE Pinterest ideas, recipes, and crafts with a capital L-O-V-E. But, every once in a while, I come across a pin that makes me tilt my head and wonder.

This picture has been circulating for a while:
The caption says something about it being a spray painted trash cab flipped upside down. Um...what? Does this confuse anyone else? Not that it isn't an adorable side table, but I have a hard time believing this was ever a trash can. For one, would you ever put a trash bag in there? If not, wouldn't the trash fall out the holes? If it's as tall as a sofa (or daybed, not sure what it's next to), isn't that maybe the tallest non-kitchen trash can you've ever seen?

The picture comes from this blog, which makes no mention of it ever being a trash can. So maybe someone pinned it and thought it looked somewhat trash can-ish? Not sure.

Of course, because I can't leave well enough alone, I was then driven to see if I could find a trash can that I would use as a side table...and I couldn't find one. I checked all the places I would typically go to for a trash can (Target, Walmart, the Container Store) and even some places I wouldn't (West Elm, Restoration Hardware). All of the "cute" trash cans are too short--I couldn't find one taller than a foot. That just won't do for a side table, right?

So I guess, for now, this pin has been debunked. Cute side table though!

Happy almost weekend!

xoxo,

E

No comments:

Post a Comment