Monday, August 13, 2012

Farmer's Market Finds

Happy Monday! This is my last week with completely free days because new teacher orientation is this Friday! I keep waiting for myself to realize that school is starting in 15 days, but I think with the move, I've been a little distracted. As soon as my new apartment gets more organized, I'll be posting a little home tour. I love it so far; it's the perfect size for me and a little nugget that seems to be settling in quite nicely...



In addition to moving this weekend, my dad, brother, and I went to Greenville's downtown farmer's market. The downtown one is a seasonal market, so it really feels like a treat! I've been trying to eat healthier and lose a bit of weight, so shopping there has really made me think of cooking with seasonal, fresh ingredients as a fun thing. How could you not get excited to cook with these beauties?

 A rainbow of peppers, from banana to habanero.

Heirloom tomatoes that make me want to give raw tomatoes another shot. (I've gotten over a lot of my childhood pickiness, but a raw tomato still makes me a little nauseous)

Here are some of my purchases from this weekend. Can't wait to get cooking!




My only disappointment was that there were no more blueberries to buy. I know you can still get them for seasonal prices in the grocery stores, but it made me a little sad to know they are on their way out. The market is only open on Saturdays through the end of October, so if you're in Greenville and haven't been, get on it!

Have a happy week!

xoxo,

E

No comments:

Post a Comment