Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Milk Glass Obsession

I love milk glass...its not-quite-opaqueness always seems like it has been around for generations, giving it such a sentimental look. I am always in need of little dishes, bowls, and trays to hold all the things I tend to leave in my wake as I move through the day. I'm especially looking for milk glass cake stands to make some of my less-pretty bathroom items (i.e. floss, toothbrush, etc.) a little more happy. So even though I have a definite item I'm looking for, I can't help but google "milk glass" and ogle all the pretties that come up in my image search...

Milk glass vases are the perfect combination of pretty-on-their-own and simple-enough-not-to-compete-with flower-prettiness.

While I'm sure this intricate pedestal bowl was meant for a higher purpose, I can't think of a more sophisticated way to keep track of my key's and the nugget's leash.

This may be the front runner for my bathroom catch-all. It would also be so pretty as a kitchen catch-all for dish soap, scrubbies, and rings for when you are washing those hard-to-clean pots and pans.

I feel like I'm ODing on green milky beautifulness. Stop it.

I think my favorite milk glass pieces are either the colored ones or the hobnail (bumpy) pieces...or hobnail colored pieces! (gasp!) Anyone else out there share this milk glass love?

xoxo,

E

No comments:

Post a Comment