Thursday, August 16, 2012

DIY Ombre Art

I've been hanging art for the last couple of days, but couldn't decide on anything for above my bed. I used to have a wicker headboard that matched my bedside tables, but it wouldn't fit in my car during a move in Nashville, so it got left behind. Ever since, the space above my bed has seemed really empty. 

After seeing this tutorial, I knew that I had found my answer. Easy, cheap, big art that would make an impact...right up my alley! The painting in the tutorial is hot pink, but my bedroom called for a more subdued color. I chose an inky navy blue (and painted my lamps the same color) and just kept adding white to the paint for each step.





Final product...iPhone camera is not really doing it justice; I love looking at it when I walk in my room!


The entire project took about 10 minutes and was less than $30...talk about bang for your buck! Happy hump day!

xoxo,

E

Linking up at Hi Sugarplum! (love her blog!):
7706288168_8788be172d_o.jpg



3 comments:

  1. This is really great idea. I did an ombre sideboard in our dining room and I've been thinking about carrying the theme into another room to have some cohesive decor keeping the house flowing together. Thanks for this simple DIY :) Hopped over from Hi Sugarplum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaux! Loving the idea of ombre on furniture! I found an ombre wall on Pinterest last night, but I'm not sure I'm ready for such a plunge :)

      Delete
  2. Cute! We need new art above our bed and I love this look!

    ReplyDelete