Monday, August 6, 2012

DIY Jewelry Dish

Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a great weekend. I spent a relaxing one with my family in Florida watching the Olympics and crafting with my mom...perfect!


Over the weekend, I made this little guy to hold my bracelets:
I found the idea here. You'll need a dish (I got a plastic one from the dollar store), acrylic paint, painters tape, Mod Podge, and a paint pen.

Paint two layers with Mod Podge before each layer. In hindsight, I would've left out the Mod Podge between the first and second layers because I think it led to a snag I hit at the end.

I traced my first initial from an "E" that I printed on regular paper using pencil, and then went over it in silver paint pen.

Mod Podge over the top layer once it's dry. I would recommend taking the paint off a little before it's dry. As I took mine off, the paint pulled really bad. It ended up looking OK, but I was hoping for a smooth line.

Finished product with a few bangles.

Have a happy week!

xoxo,

E

No comments:

Post a Comment